Prepare for the hackathon
Fill out our registration form
Head on over to shesharp.co/2021-hackathon-register/ to sign up for the hackathon! ✅
Join #hackathon in SheSharp Slack
Find project mentorship and hackathon networking in Slack.
Not yet in our Slack community? Join us here: shesharp.co/slack
Sign up for Troopl
Submissions will be via Troopl, a platform for web developers to showcase their work. Join now to start building your profile and we will will notify you when the challenge is uploaded to Troopl.
Sign up here: https://troopl.com/signup
Add the events to your calendar
Where to find support
Information about the hackathon coding challenge can be found here, on Troopl
Our challenge reflects the hackathon’s mission to foster inclusion and support for developers of all skill levels.
We look forward to seeing your hackathon projects making the tech community a more welcoming place!
What is Troopl?
Troopl is a portfolio builder that allows developers to showcase their work and be discovered by companies. By adding your hackathon project (and other projects!) to a Troopl portfolio, you will have a visible presence searchable and filterable to your specific skillset. Companies from all around the world can check you out. And your work can inspire other like-minded developers on the platform.
Shout out to our awesome team members Tessa & Talita for leading this effort 💗
When to submit: 4PM CET Sunday (1 hour before finals)
How to submit:
- Add your code to an open-source code repository (i.e. GitHub, GitLab, BitBucket) and push your final project to production (if relevant).
- Sign in / sign up to Troopl at troopl.com 🤩
- Visit the SheSharp Hackathon Challenge page and, **below the instructions, click
Add project 🚀
- Complete the fields to add your project, including links to your code repository & production URL. You’ll notice SheSharp Hackathon is already selected from the
Challenge submissiondropdown 🎉
- Once created, your project will be added to your Troopl portfolio and on the SheSharp Hackathon page for judges and participants to see 👀
- Finally, share your project’s Troopl link in the Slack
Eligible submissions must:
- Be available in an open source code repository (GitHub, Bitbucket, GitLab)
- Be submitted on Troopl and correctly associated with the hackathon challenge
- Be posted in #hackathon before the 4PM Sunday deadline
- Not require judges to run code locally to interact with your project. (You can share your project either via link to live-deployed code, or via recorded video walkthrough.)
- Live link to deployed code, where applicable (shared via Troopl in “Production url”)
- Video demo/walkthrough of submission (shared via Troopl in “Production url” or “About”)
- Videos should be fewer than 5 minutes long
Project submissions as individuals or teams
- Hackathon participants can work on their project alone or as part of a team.
- There is no maximum limit for the number of people in one team. If a team is selected for a prize, the prize will be divided among each team members.
Example: if the 1 year subscription to Frontend Masters is awarded to a 1-person team, that person get the full prize; if the 1-year subscription to Frontend Masters is awarded to a team composed by 2 people, they get a subscription of 6 months each.
- All members of a team should submit the project on Troopl to receive the prize, and make sure to complete the Troopl submission by filling the team’s code repository.
🎨 Most Creative
The “Most Creative” category rewards the most original take on the challenge prompt. Whether small (like custom animations) or huge (totally new platforms!), this project best demonstrates out-of-the-box thinking.
🌹 Most Polished
The “Most Polished” category is all about the user experience. This well-designed project is bug-free, considers edge cases, and feels good to use.
🌟 Best Overall
The “Best Overall” category is the epitome of both form and function. This project is as delightful as well executed, both bug-free and beautiful!
🌈 Community Favorite
The “Community Favorite” category celebrates the project that captured the hearts and minds of our community members! Voting is open for 1 hour before finals to hackathon participants and the SheSharp + Troopl community at large.